Two years ago today Great British Car Journey opened its doors to the public!
We want to thank everyone who has visited us and continues to support us along the way – we’ve had yet another incredible year!
Some of the highlights this year include:
- Winning GOLD at the Visit Peak District and Derbyshire Tourism Awards.
- Shortlisted as finalists in the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence which takes place in London next month – wish us luck!
- Our wonderful Apprentice Luke Henshaw finishing 2nd in the NATIONAL VisitEngland Tourism Superstar Awards!
- BBC Breakfast spending the morning with us to meet Luke and acknowledge his success.
- The amazing Paul Woodford and Sarah Crabtree joining the team as Ambassadors.
- Launching our very own Great British Car Share YouTube series to rave reviews!
- Relaunching one of our most popular events The Gathering as the Great British Car Meet for 2023, which continues to be as well attended as ever!
- The launch of our online store selling the iconic Autocar magazine front covers.
None of this could have been achieved without our amazing team who work tirelessly to make sure every visitor has an unforgettable experience. From our skilled vehicle technicians and calm and collected driving instructors to the army of volunteers and café team and everyone in between – we are grateful to work alongside such passionate people.
Thanks also go to the wonderful owners who have allowed us to display their cars in our exhibition; as well as the army of car enthusiasts who turn out in their droves in their much-loved classics at our car meets – you enable us to showcase the best of British automotive engineering and design. And, of course, a big thank you to the incredible car clubs and everyone who visits us – we appreciate your support.
As we look forward to what 2023/24 has in-store. We already have some exciting new events and projects in the pipeline, including the addition of more classic cars to the Drive Dad’s Car fleet that you won’t want to miss (discover them at Meet the Fleet Day this Saturday!), more quirky and historic vehicles to the exhibitions and some stunning new Autocar front covers available for purchase.
So why not come and celebrate with us and experience the magic of Great British Car Journey for yourself? With themed events, fascinating interactive audio tours and the most wonderful classic cars with their own story to tell, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Leave a Reply