Welcoming You Safely : Our Covid Measures.
We have been and continue to follow government and other association guidelines to keep you as safe as possible.
Please take a moment to read the procedures we have in place as your safety is of paramount importance to us.
1. Pre-booking is advised but not essential. Our busiest times are between 09:30am – 11:00am and weekend mornings.
2. As per the latest guidance, the wearing of face masks is now down to the personal preference of the individual. All our customer facing staff on Reception and the Café will continue to wear face masks.
3. Multiple sanitizing points have been installed throughout the building for your use.
4. We have not relaxed our cleaning regimes.
5. Please read our welcome guidelines carefully on arrival
6. Refrain from touching any exhibits, opening doors or attempting to sit in vehicles.
7. Comply with all requests made by our staff.
8. Our cafe is now fully open. All customer facing staff will continue to wear face masks when serving customers.
9. Social distancing rules have been relaxed, but please be mindful of other visitors in the attraction and give each other space during your visit.
10. All our handsets and headphones are thoroughly sanitised prior to being handed out for your safety.
11. Should you have any concerns or questions please approach a member of staff who will be happy to assist you.
We are very excited about taking you on “The Great British Car Journey” and look forward to seeing you soon.
We feature over 100 British Classic cars, from the days of the Austin Seven up to the latest McLaren.
You’ll be guided by the latest interactive technology, with fantastic activities for children and a great café where you can relax after your remarkable tour through time.
Fully interactive with audio-visual guide, celebrating Great British Innovation, with over 100 carefully selected cars, from Austin Seven to Metro and Beyond!
Pioneers, Entrepreneurs, Industrialists: Their Story, including Austin, Morris and the empires they built.
Pull out the choke, turn the key and take a trip down memory lane! Dad’s Car, Mum’s car, Your first car... Drive Dads Car.com The Classic Car Driving Experience
The Great British Car Journey:
Celebrating Britain’s contribution to popular motoring
Over 100 carefully chosen vehicles tell the story of The British Motor Industry on an interactive journey spanning the last 100 years.
Guided by an audio-visual tablet, visitors will meet the two founding fathers of the industry: Herbert Austin and William Morris whose vast manufacturing plants in the Midlands produced millions of cars which were exported all over the world. British cars heralded a global transport revolution mobilising billions of people.
Now that era has passed: cars have become as reliable and disposable as a domestic appliance and the industry has become globalised and centred in the East. China is the world’s largest car manufacturer whilst Japan leads the export race which was once a British preserve. Austin, Morris and many other British brands have long since disappeared but now they have experienced a renaissance in the Derbyshire Dales.
From the legendary Austin 7 to the magnificent Mini this is the story of engineering, enterprise and endeavour which for a brief period saw British cars rule the road.